Cryotherapy is safe so one can do it on a daily basis. The answer to the question “How often can I use a cryosauna?” depends on your personal needs. But consistency is the key! Here some recommendations about the frequency of cryotherapy sessions.
How often should you do whole body cryotherapy?
- For immune system boost:
You should use cryosauna 1-2 sessions per week.
- For weight loss:
You should take cryo procedures for weight loss 2-5 times per week.
- For sports and fitness recovery:
You should do cryotherapy 2-3 sessions per week.
- For athletes, professional sportsmans recovery:
You should get cryotherapy sessions 2-5 times per week.
- For injury recovery, surgery recovery, chronic illness:
You should get 3-5 cryotherapy sessions per week.
When you should not get cryotherapy sessions?
There are some general indications and contraindications for the use of cryotherapy. What are the main ones?
Main cryotherapy indications
- rheumatology and vertrbology;
- sexology and urology;
- orthopedics and traumatology;
- sports medicine, ect.
Main cryotherapy contraindications
- general grave conditions of the patient;
- decompensation of chronic cardiovascular diseases;
- acute myocardial infarction and rehabilitation period after the infarction;
- celebrate strokes;
- stage II essential hypertension;
- stage II cardiac insufficiency;
- prognostically unfavorable heart rate and conduction disorders;
- pulmonary tuberculosis in active form;- malignant growths;
- hemorrhagic diathesis;
- hysterical neurosis;
- individual cold intolerance;
- age under 10 years.
So, how often do you do cryotherapy and cryo treatment now and do you need to increase your cryotherapy frequency for the best results? Of course, you can get benefits from just one session, but on the average it is recommended to have up to 3 minutes of cryosauna 1-5 times a week. Much like anything else, the answer is largely dependent on your desired results and how new you are to the therapy. Professional athletes, for example, can get cryotherapy sessions several times during each game.
If you want to get cryotherapy for weight loss, for warts, or for any specific problem, you should consult a doctor first. Sometimes even a minimal number of sessions can have a positive effect.